Please see Fed Bank website for application information.
Librarian – Digital Asset Management-224979
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
Primary Location OH-Cleveland
Full-time / Part-time Full-time
Employee Status Regular
Overtime Status Exempt
Job Type Experienced
Shift Day Job
Job Sensitivity Tier II – No Credit Check
Posting Date Feb 15, 2012-Ongoing
An exciting opportunity exists at the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland to serve as a member of the Research Library staff focused on Digital Assets Management. The individual in this position will support and assess overall effectiveness of the Bank’s acquisition, preservation, management, and access to physical and digital collections. The successful candidate will apply the methodology and standards of archival best practices to born-digital, digitized and physical collections.
- Act as staff consultant and library liaison by working with Library, Research, and Web development staff to define best practices and procedures related to content management and determining specifications for a digital repository that meets the management, access, and preservation needs of archival collections, including Research publications.
- Implement processes for the effective description, access, preservation, and future migration of digital collections.
- Develop and maintain plans, procedures, and manuals to define best practices and procedures related to archiving content.
- Monitor accuracy, consistency, and usability of data to ensure Libraryusers will find the information requested.
- Provide LibraryReference customer service to Bank employees, Federal Reserve System contacts, and the public by responding to information requests.
- Work with the Federal Reserve System Archivists in developing programs, exhibits, and outreach activities in preparation for the Fed System centennial.
- Remain current with emerging standards and professional best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adheres to the Bank’s attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
- Masters Degree of LibraryScience (MLS) orLibraryand Information Science (MLIS).
- Requires 4 years of library experience with a minimum of two years working with the curation of digital content.
- Expertise in digital archival and records management theory and practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of descriptive metadata standards including MARC, Dublin Core and of data structure standards relevant to archival control of digital content.
- Experience with relational databases, digital repository platforms (such as CONTENTdm) with XML, and digital content creation/ transformation tools.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills, including ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Project management experience with the ability to drive and execute on deliverables.
- Knowledge of cataloging materials andArchivesclassification.
- Experience using SharePoint 2010, SydneyPLUS, and programming languages such as .NETand Visual Studio is preferred.