Hawken School is looking for a part-time, temporary project archivist. Hours are flexible, and could be 12 hours per week for 6 months, or, longer hours per week for a shorter duration.
The current archives include primarily paperwork, publications, and photos. There is nothing of a “legal” nature in this set of information.
Several boxes have been partially organized, and there are about 20 boxes that still need to be sorted. Photos will need to be reviewed by alumnae then scanned and added into the digital archives.
We are seeking someone to:
* Evaluate the current organizational structure, and offer “best practices” recommendations for organization and extent of collections (for example, how many yearbooks should be kept per school year?
* Continue to sort and document boxes
* Create a process for storing and documenting planned and unplanned additions to the archives
* Create a process and finding aid; recommend a system for check in/check out of materials
* Recommend resources and coordinate conversion of various medium (VHS, old film, etc.)
Interested candidates may submit a letter of interest and resume to: email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> attention Gina Walter, Director of Strategic Marketing. We respectfully ask for email rather than phone call.