Please join the Ohio Digitization Interest Group on our July Field Trip to the Cleveland Public Library on Thursday, July 7, 2016.
Please register by Tuesday 7/5, 5pm. http://goo.gl/forms/8bnanx6kovLSrjAm2
Presentation: “Cleveland Digital Public Library: Digitization and Public Service”
Speaker: Chatham Ewing, Digital Library Strategist, Cleveland Public Library
Synopsis: Join us as we discuss the creation of the Cleveland Digital Public Library and how CPL offers digitization as a public service.
- Hosts: Rachel Senese & Chatham Ewing, Cleveland Public Library
- Food: Coffee & cookies will be offered at the start of the meeting. Lunch will be brown bag.
- Cost: There is no fee for attending, but we will be accepting donations for the coffee kitty.
THURS July 7 AGENDA
- 10:00-10:30 coffee social (coffee & cookies);
- 10:30-11:30 presentation and discussion on topic;
- 11:30-11:45 break;
- 11:45-1:00 brown bag lunch: all-attendee updates, “members” meeting, discussion;
- FULL – 1:00 optional: tour 1 Folger Library First Folio tour (limited to 16 people) – FULL;
- 1:30 optional: tour 2 Folger Library First Folio tour (limited to 16 people);
- 2:00 optional: tour 3 Folger Library First Folio tour (limited to 16 people);
- 1:00-3:00 optional: tours of CPL’s TechCentral and Special Collections (we will divide people up at that time)
FRI July 8 AGENDA
- 10:00 Rock Hall Library & Archives tour (limited to 30 people) (Note: offsite from the Museum)
See the Meetings page for more details on the tours: http://ohiodig.org/meetings.html
CPL MEETING SITE: The Digital Library, 325 Superior Ave, Cleveland Public Library, Cleveland.
Note: The 325 Superior building (white marble building) opens at 10–enter at the main entrance at 10 (preferred).
To enter before 10 you must enter through the Louis Stokes building, 525 Superior Ave (cylindrical building), and security or a staff member will have to let you in.
CPL MEETING PARKING:
- Huntington Building garage, across the street from library.
- Standard Parking garage, 300 St Clair Ave NE
- Standard Parking garage, right next to the 777 on Rockwell Ave
- IMG Building, 708 St Clair Ave NE (Valet lot–arrive before 9:30 $8; after 9:30 $12)
ROCK HALL TOUR SITE: Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Library & Archives, 2809 Woodland Avenue
- Directions & parking info: http://library.rockhall.com/home/visit
- The facility is at the corner of Woodland Avenue and East 30th St, in a shared building with the Tommy LiPuma Center for Creative Arts of Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C). This is approx. two miles southeast of the Museum.