Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for November, 2016

At 6pm on November 15th, the Cleveland Archival Roundtable met at the John Carroll University’s Northeast Ohio Broadcast Archives (NOBA).  We held a business meeting and took a tour of the facility.  Below are the minutes of the business meeting.

 

  1. New Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/ClevelandArchivalRoundtable/
  2. Tentative schedule of events and call for participation
    • Octavofest October 19 reports from UCI libraries if anyone is in attendance (Clark, Dittrick, Gund, Ingalls, Kelvin Smith)
    • December 8, 2016 NEO-RLS Day for Special Collections workshop. Daytime program
    • January 13, 2017 SAA MPLP workshop at Kelvin Smith Library. Daytime program
    • Spring 2017 Program focusing on digital projects and programs at local institutions. We would like this to be a daytime program, promoted as a professional development opportunity. Suggested locations include the Cleveland Clinic and CMA. We could solicit speakers via email and/or Facebook or directly. Daytime program.
      • ACTION ITEM: We need someone to spearhead this meeting/program
    • April 5-8, 2017 MAC annual meeting, Omaha
    • Spring 2017 SOA annual conference
    • Summer 2017 casual summer meeting/picnic. Possible locations include Bedford Historical Society and Garfield historic site. Daytime program.
      • ACTION ITEM: We need someone to spearhead this event
      • Leslie will contact Drew Rolick to see if he would like to help with this event
    • July 23-29, 2017 SAA Annual conference, Portland OR
    • Fall 2017 program on electronic records. Reach out to ARMA for assistance, ideas, possible collaboration. We would prefer a case study format by institutions that are at various stages of implementing e-rec programs. Daytime program.
      • ACTION ITEM: Reach out to ARMA, perhaps through the Clinic archives.
    • October 2017 MAC fall symposium
    • Spring 2018 workshop/presentation on grant writing and funding opportunities by the Foundation Center. Daytime program.
      • ACTION ITEM We need someone to spearhead this event and reach out to the Foundation Center.
      • Jill Tatem expressed an interest in planning this event
    • Summer 2018 Casual summer meeting/event at Cleveland Blues baseball game
      • ACTION ITEM:  Contact Jeremy Feador, Cleveland Indians archivist and Cleveland Blues member, about this possible event at the appropriate time.
  3. Other meeting ideas
    • Proposed: Cooperative/collaborative archival collecting in NE Ohio vis a vis institutional missions, collaborations, and funding
    • Margaret Burzynski-Bays elaborated on her ideas for this type of program and possible accompanying institutional directory. The group discussed suggestions for enhancing collaboration.
    • Suggestions from the group
  4. Organizational structure and dues
    • The Steering committee is working on an organizational structure that will include dues for participating members, formalizing the makeup of the steering committee, and holding elections. Members can expect these changes to be enacted for 2018.
  5. CAR OHRAB member representative discussion [Meghan Hays]
    • Meghan spoke about the board’s role and the search to fill empty seats which are currently appointed by the governor. The board is interested in having representation from local organizations. Meghan will craft a call for participation that will be sent to CAR members.

Read Full Post »