Application deadline is this Friday, January 30th.
Archive for the ‘Job Announcements’ Category
Hawken School is looking for a part-time, temporary project archivist. Hours are flexible, and could be 12 hours per week for 6 months, or, longer hours per week for a shorter duration.
The current archives include primarily paperwork, publications, and photos. There is nothing of a “legal” nature in this set of information.
Several boxes have been partially organized, and there are about 20 boxes that still need to be sorted. Photos will need to be reviewed by alumnae then scanned and added into the digital archives.
We are seeking someone to:
* Evaluate the current organizational structure, and offer “best practices” recommendations for organization and extent of collections (for example, how many yearbooks should be kept per school year?
* Continue to sort and document boxes
* Create a process for storing and documenting planned and unplanned additions to the archives
* Create a process and finding aid; recommend a system for check in/check out of materials
* Recommend resources and coordinate conversion of various medium (VHS, old film, etc.)
Interested candidates may submit a letter of interest and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> attention Gina Walter, Director of Strategic Marketing. We respectfully ask for email rather than phone call.
Temporary Digital Projects Assistant – Research Department, Cleveland Fed
- Executes document and information preservation projects in the Bank’s Research Library using digital tools and established protocols and standards.
- Provides technical expertise and planning input to digital and preservation projects.
- Execute information and document preservation projects.
- Create, organize and edit digital files to meet project objectives.
- Maintain and troubleshoot specialized software.
- Monitor accuracy and consistency of data to ensure completeness of projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
- Adhere to the Bank’s attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
- Requires following vaguely defined procedures. Decisions are made with complex reasoning. Decisions affect the department and may affect the entire Bank.
Problem Solving Skills:
- Interpersonal communication: Requires communicating well with people at different levels, frequently sharing information with others while listening to and understanding their points of view.
- 1 year of related work experience or digital preservation coursework.
- Familiarity with document scanning software and hardware and image editing software (e.g. Photoshop).
- Familiarity with general document preservation standards.
- Ability to perform independent research
- This position temporary, lasting approximately 12 months.
- The work schedule for this position is Monday – Friday with flexible start and end times ranging between 7:30 am and 5:30 pm; working 35 – 40 hours per week.
Please apply on-line at http://www.clevelandfed.org/about_us/career_center/index.cfm
Click the image below for a larger view of the announcement. The deadline for applications is October 15th.
The Library and Archives of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum is looking for fall interns. Applications due June 15!
To learn more visit: http://rockhall.com/internships/library-and-archives-intern/
Ohio University Libraries has recently posted the position of Special Collections Librarian. The Special Collections Librarian will curate and promote the special collections of the Robert E. and Jean R. Mahn Center for Archives and Special Collections at Ohio University. The collection includes rare books, a documentary photo archive, and other artifacts.
We’re looking for a candidate committed to collaboration, who will work to develop relationships with students, faculty, and staff in order to promote the use of our special collections materials in classroom learning and research. The candidate should have an ALA-accredited Master’s degree in library/information science, and experience working with special collections in an academic setting.
For further information on the position and details on how to apply, we encourage interested applicants to access the following link: http://www.ohiouniversityjobs.com/postings/5892
Review of applications will begin on June 3, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled.