Feeds:
Posts
Comments

Archive for the ‘Meetings’ Category

Cleveland Archival Roundtable Annual Meeting

November 29, 2018

5:30 PM

Cuyahoga County Archives

3951 Perkins Avenue

Cleveland

We hope you will join us for the annual meeting of the Cleveland Archival Roundtable at the new Cuyahoga County Archives. The business meeting agenda includes:

  • Election results and introduction of new officers
  • Passing of the treasurer’s books to the new treasurer
    • **Annual dues ($10) will be accepted at the meeting. Until an official CAR account is set up, we ask that you pay dues in cash.**
  • Announcements and questions.

Following the business meeting, Judy Cetina will introduce us to the new archives after which there will be refreshments.

Free parking is available on East 40th Street facing the archives building and on Perkins Avenue to the east of the building.

Please RSVP to Leslie Cade at lcade@clevelandart.org.

Cast your ballot! Voting for steering committee members is open until November 25th at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CKQ3MMC

Advertisements

Read Full Post »

Mark your calendars! The annual meeting of the Cleveland Archival Roundtable will be held at 5:30 pm on Thursday, November 29th at the new  Cuyahoga County archives. The meeting will include the installation of new steering committee members following on-line elections. Details about the meeting will be sent later this month.

Voting will open soon. Please visit the CAR Blog for information on the composition of the steering committee and the responsibilities of each position. The organization’s constitution and by-laws are also included.

Read Full Post »

In order to ensure the continued existence of CAR as a vital and effective archival organization, the steering committee has drafted a constitution and by-laws for a vote by the membership in May. We look forward to your feedback and discussion at two upcoming meetings – March 10, 2018 at the Western Reserve Historical Society, and a date in April at CSU. Please also feel free to leave a comment below. We will also provide additional opportunities for feedback as they are developed.

Cleveland Archival Roundtable Constitution for member discussion.

Read Full Post »

From the Society of American Archivists website: https://www2.archivists.org/news/2017/results-are-in-on-warssaa-salary-survey

More than 2,100 individuals participated in the Women Archivists Section/SAA salary survey fielded in April 2017. Although the survey gathered data that gives context to employment in the archives profession by gender, it also sought to gather data on how identities such as age, race/ethnicity, sexual identity, and socioeconomic status interact to affect outcomes on salary, employment, leadership, and professional advancement in the field.

Read the survey results here.

Read Full Post »

What: Digitization Panel Discussion

When: Saturday, May 13th from 10:00am-12:00pm

Where: Dampeer room at the Case Western Reserve University Kelvin Smith Library

Is your institution digitizing materials?  Do you have a project you’ve been itching to share?  Maybe you’ve experienced a project that didn’t go so well that others could learn from?  Do you have experience choosing or maintaining a system related to your digitization program?  The Cleveland Archival Roundtable is planning a digitization projects program and invites proposals for participation in a panel discussion to be held on Saturday, May 13th from 10:00am-12:00pm in the Dampeer room at the Case Western Reserve University Kelvin Smith Library.

Panelists will speak for approximately 10 minutes on a digitization project or topic, and will then take part in a panel discussion guided by questions from the audience.

In particular, we are interested in covering the following topics:

  • Methods for choosing and evaluating tools and systems like digital asset management systems, metadata tools, and access systems. We would like to cover a variety including products like CONTENTdm and PastPerfect, homegrown systems, and open source systems like Islandora.  Which systems and tools worked well and why?  Which systems and tools didn’t work so well?
  • Digitization for internal constituencies, i.e. corporate archives or the digitization of materials that can’t be shared with the general public.
  • Methods for selecting materials for digitization, creating workflows, providing access, and lessons learned.

We are looking for diverse perspectives from archivists representing different types and sizes of archival institutions such as:

  • Institutions with established digitization programs
  • Institutions just starting digitization programs
  • Lone arrangers
  • Corporate archives

If you are interested in participating, please send a presentation title and brief description of your topic to Susan Hernandez [shernandez@clevelandart.org] and Bill Barrow [bill.barrow@yahoo.com] by March 24th, 2017.

Read Full Post »

At 6pm on November 15th, the Cleveland Archival Roundtable met at the John Carroll University’s Northeast Ohio Broadcast Archives (NOBA).  We held a business meeting and took a tour of the facility.  Below are the minutes of the business meeting.

 

  1. New Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/ClevelandArchivalRoundtable/
  2. Tentative schedule of events and call for participation
    • Octavofest October 19 reports from UCI libraries if anyone is in attendance (Clark, Dittrick, Gund, Ingalls, Kelvin Smith)
    • December 8, 2016 NEO-RLS Day for Special Collections workshop. Daytime program
    • January 13, 2017 SAA MPLP workshop at Kelvin Smith Library. Daytime program
    • Spring 2017 Program focusing on digital projects and programs at local institutions. We would like this to be a daytime program, promoted as a professional development opportunity. Suggested locations include the Cleveland Clinic and CMA. We could solicit speakers via email and/or Facebook or directly. Daytime program.
      • ACTION ITEM: We need someone to spearhead this meeting/program
    • April 5-8, 2017 MAC annual meeting, Omaha
    • Spring 2017 SOA annual conference
    • Summer 2017 casual summer meeting/picnic. Possible locations include Bedford Historical Society and Garfield historic site. Daytime program.
      • ACTION ITEM: We need someone to spearhead this event
      • Leslie will contact Drew Rolick to see if he would like to help with this event
    • July 23-29, 2017 SAA Annual conference, Portland OR
    • Fall 2017 program on electronic records. Reach out to ARMA for assistance, ideas, possible collaboration. We would prefer a case study format by institutions that are at various stages of implementing e-rec programs. Daytime program.
      • ACTION ITEM: Reach out to ARMA, perhaps through the Clinic archives.
    • October 2017 MAC fall symposium
    • Spring 2018 workshop/presentation on grant writing and funding opportunities by the Foundation Center. Daytime program.
      • ACTION ITEM We need someone to spearhead this event and reach out to the Foundation Center.
      • Jill Tatem expressed an interest in planning this event
    • Summer 2018 Casual summer meeting/event at Cleveland Blues baseball game
      • ACTION ITEM:  Contact Jeremy Feador, Cleveland Indians archivist and Cleveland Blues member, about this possible event at the appropriate time.
  3. Other meeting ideas
    • Proposed: Cooperative/collaborative archival collecting in NE Ohio vis a vis institutional missions, collaborations, and funding
    • Margaret Burzynski-Bays elaborated on her ideas for this type of program and possible accompanying institutional directory. The group discussed suggestions for enhancing collaboration.
    • Suggestions from the group
  4. Organizational structure and dues
    • The Steering committee is working on an organizational structure that will include dues for participating members, formalizing the makeup of the steering committee, and holding elections. Members can expect these changes to be enacted for 2018.
  5. CAR OHRAB member representative discussion [Meghan Hays]
    • Meghan spoke about the board’s role and the search to fill empty seats which are currently appointed by the governor. The board is interested in having representation from local organizations. Meghan will craft a call for participation that will be sent to CAR members.

Read Full Post »

What: Join us for an evening of looking backward and moving forward.  On the agenda is a brief general meeting, light refreshments and a presentation by Dr. John Grabowski.  A founding member of CAR, John will give a talk on the history of the archives profession in Northeast Ohio.  Also open for visitors will be the exhibit in Special Collections: “The Quickening: the Archives Profession in Northeast Ohio, 1957-1977.

When: 6 pm, September 30th, 2015

Where: Kelvin Smith Library Special Collections.  11055 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7151

RSVP: Nora Blackman 368-6504 or exo2@case.edu

Read Full Post »

Older Posts »